Monday, April 12, 2010

12 Step, Schmelve Step

"I will never drink again," the ever-popular words that came out of my mouth Friday night after 12 hours of drinking.

Rockies opening day did not disappoint. Getting to Jackson's at 9:30 am and waiting in line for a 1/2 hour proved to be a challenge. But, at 10 am, after I'd already used my hand sanitizer a few times from the surprise home-made goody bag, we were let into the bar and finally arrived at our destination - the roof of Jackson's. 10:02 am - Bloody Mary in hand and I was feeling like this day was worth playing hooky.

As our friends began to show up, and people began to flood in, we took our spot on stage - Best seats in the house/roof. By 11 am, the place was packed and our 'Beer Me' shirts were now working in full-force. When the cameras were brought out, we brought the sexy.

By 1 pm, we were feeling good. By 9:30 pm, we were feeling not so good. After losing our friend, walking the bar 3 times after a suspicious text message, getting fondled by an old 'client', losing the same friend a second time, walking into a ruined hook-up plan, refusing to go downstairs, watching an ostrich grow in a cup, enjoying 100 buckets of beer (probably not an exaggeration), attempting to go dancing, yelling at boys, taking more pictures, never making it dancing, celebrating the first drink of a no longer preggo friend, and stumbling down the street to a hole-in-the-wall to eat cold burritos, we were lucky to be passed out in bed by 10:30 pm.

So, as I un-cork my bottle of wine tonight and fill up my glass to the rim (thank you for the idea Cougar Town), I toast myself, - 12 Step, Schmelve Step, drinking makes people more fun!!! Cheers!

Dedicated to my fun, funny and funtabulous friends of Opening Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean more to me than my words. So, whatcha thinking?