Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It's a Burn, Not a Hickey

Last Friday morning I was getting ready for work and listening to the news. While fixing myself in the bathroom mirror, the weather man informed me of a huge snow storm we'd be having that day. Flights would be canceled, roads would be horrible, businesses would be closed. Then, he mentioned this would be the last snow fall of the Winter. This caught my attention because I have had a major case of Spring Fever. (Side note - Hot, cold, hot, cold. My excuse for being moody - Gemini. Colorado, what's your excuse?) So, when the weather man mentioned this exciting news, it caught my attention and, unfortunately, I turned my head to get a better listen and made instant curling iron to skin contact. Y'ouch!!!!! But, besides the new burn, I was thrilled!!!

Normally, I would look at this snowy day as a pain in the tush. (Another side note - Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the snow, but enough is enough already.) But, now I had a different outlook. I was excited for it to snow one last time. As I was driving home from work I made the extra effort to take in the beautiful scenery. And, while taking Otis out to take care of biznaz, I caught a few flakes on my tongue. I sure was going to miss the snow.

Then, come Saturday, as the snow was quickly melting, it felt so good to go outside without a jacket. It was finally going to be warm outside, which means tank tops, skirts, dresses and swimming suits (Side note, again - I have a very sick addiction to swim suits and can't wait to release them from their drawer). I love warm weather!!

Which is why on Sunday, when my Dad told me it was supposed to snow again on Tuesday, I was very upset and confused.

Me: Dad, they said Friday was going to be the last snow fall of the Winter. It can't snow!!!
Dad: They said it was going to be the last snow of the Winter. Spring started Saturday.

Say what?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dedicated to the Channel 2 Weather Man. Your false hope in warm weather has created a cold bitterness in me.

2 comments:

  1. Shortcake,

    Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

    We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
    Interviewer. We'd
    like to give you the opportunity to
    give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

    It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
    be submitted online here Submit your
    interview
    .

    Best regards,

    Mike Thomas

    ReplyDelete

Your words mean more to me than my words. So, whatcha thinking?