Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What Can a 7 Month Old Teach Us?



She's 7 months old and brilliant already!!!! The other day, while hanging out at my sister's pad, Chloe started to crawl. But the way that she did it, with such determination and motivation, is what got me so excited.

So yes, little Miss Chloe taught her Auntie Sarah a life lesson. No matter how many times she fell, she got right back up. She didn't get frustrated, she just kept moving forward. Check out her smile right before she grabs what she was going for. She knew she had made it, that she reached what she was working for.

I may be reading into this a little too much, but Chloe falls many times. And, I think we all fall through life many times. We all have set backs in life (relationships, work, money, crushes, heartache, slumps, illness, family) and we have 2 choices:

1. We can let that set back, that fall if you will, frustrate us. We can make ourselves believe that it's not even worth going toward what we started working for in the first place.

Or

2. We can learn from Chloe and let the set back be a minor bump in the road, get back up and keep on crawling.

We'll get there, we'll reach that goal, that dream.

Dedicated to my Baby Girl - Miss Chloes (oh just wait until it's my turn to start teaching her stuff)

1 comment:

Your words mean more to me than my words. So, whatcha thinking?