Monday, November 30, 2009

I Love Peanut Butter; Doesn't Mean I'm Going to Marry It

Open your eyes, look around (the full, bright moon in the black sky). Open your ears, and listen (a special little boy giggling). Open your mouth, and taste (mom's meals, made with love). Open your hand, feel (soft white fur on the dog). Take a deep breath, smell (the soft scent of cologne on the man with love).

As unfortunate, as unlucky and as sorry for ourselves as we feel, there are so many things to love in this life, just pay attention.

Pay attention. I love loving; O-town; the boys (yes, this includes Chloe); my Dad going and getting me a Starbucks after I ask him 14 times; facebook; my Sister wanting to know every detail of my 'juicy' life; shopping with my Mom almost every Sunday; delicious; kisses all over baby Chloe's soft skin; saying things so Spencey repeats; dancing in the rain (I'm not just saying this, I really do love it); gossiping with the girls; drinking a glass of wine, then another, then another, then a beer; massages; being completely myself with those people who know me best; saying things to make you blush; giving advice; picking on the 'Lil One; trips to San Diego; singing in the shower, in the car, while I put on my make up, while I make dinner.....; zebras; ice cream; an action movie in the theater; football; being loved; laughing so hard my stomach kills (yes, it is the best pain ever); up in the gym just working on my fitness; nail polish; Black Eyed Peas; standing completely still and letting just my hair blow in the wind; my shows; Uptown Girls; The Spilled Canvas; shopping; flowers for absolutely any occasion in any room, anywhere, anytime; fabulous; making your recipe, but healthier; drop it like it's hot; lovins; my ladies - the honest one, the crazy one, the quiet one, the silly one, the fun time one...oh, and my girls; romance; lyrics and songs that were written just for me (even if the artist didn't know it when he was writing it); peanut butter on my bagel, pretzels, apples, in a spoon, crackers, toast..................................

Ah yes, life is good, even quite fabulous!! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words mean more to me than my words. So, whatcha thinking?